The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Delete an Image from My Desktop

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Simonjo47
  • Latest reply from Simonjo47
  • Topic Viewed 619 times

Simonjo47

Why is it that when I delete an image from my desktop, it deletes the image from my picture folder also?

Posted 2 years ago

gedstar

Is the image actually on the desktop or have you a shortcut to your pictures folder on the desktop?

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

Where is the picture on the desktop and what is the procedure you are using to delete it?

Posted 2 years ago

scorpion99

Check your pictures folder properties , it might be pointing to your desktop as target location

Posted 2 years ago

Simonjo47

Humm… for some reason, I cannot reproduce the problem. I would go to my picture folder and select an image. Right click > copy. Then go to my desktop and do a paste. When I’m done with the image, I would right click on the image on my desktop, and do a delete. Then it would delete the image from my desktop and picture folder. But, everything seems to be working now. Strange.

Thanks everyone for your time.

Posted 2 years ago

Simonjo47

Guys, I found out what the problem was. User error. What happen is when I open up my Pictures Library, there are three locations, My Pictures, Pictures and Desktop. When I deleted the image from my desktop, it also deleted it from my desktop location in my Pictures library. This is what it’s supposed to do. Dump User.
Thanks again.

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.