Define a True Geek(81 posts)
Well let's see, so far I've covered:
1) Star Trek
2) Star Wars
3) D & D
4) Monty Python
5) Douglas Adams
6) Flying Spaghetti Monster
9) Alone in a crowd
10) Socializes over the PC
What am I missing…
Oh, your /. ID number is only three digits long!!
Well then it looks like someone else can take a run at this challenge tonight, as I'm off to my Thursday night card game, and get this, it's live....like with actual people!! Wish me luck, I've dropped to 16th place on the leader board (of about 600 (well actually 850 if you include people who don't have any points yet)). Trying to get into the top 10 by the end of the month when the point reset.
I was enjoying this thread as goofy fun but, oddly, I now have a real answer for the contest:
geek (n) Slang 1. One who purposely tries to crash a computer.
I base this answer on a previous thread on this site in which jack7h3r1pp3r (j7r) and Lighthouse (LH) have a discussion like this:
j7r: I've never seen XP crash
LH: You're not trying hard enough
j7r: Usually you don't try to crash a PC
LH: It's a geek thing
See that? This is Lighthouse's own definition of a True Geek!
A geek is a person who:
* Will spend 4 hours writing code to automate a task that takes 15 seconds.
* Wears T-shirts with clever sayings that only other geeks understand 'cause they are written in code.
* Regularly attends anything that ends with "Con"
* Desperately needs a +1 Charisma
* Has gone to battle...in one of the great Flame Wars
* Keeps a secret stash of dirty magazines: "2600"
* Has been to rehab for an addiction to Warcrack
* Considers their favorite spectator sport to be podracing
* Owns a copy of a book known to geeks only as K&R, not by it's actual title
a true geek: speaks only in binary code and nothing else, falls a sleep at the computer because you haven't slept for a whole week because you were to busy writing code for your program, and builds their own os and apps.
This topic has been closed to new replies.