The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

Daul Boot Windows 7 And Windows 8

(14 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by LTolu12
  • Latest reply from LTolu12
  • Topic Viewed 414 times

LTolu12

Alright, so I do have windows 8 installed on my main partition. I have created a second partition with he right settings and volume and size. I have installed a versoin of windows 7 (Not actually purchased) and have used something called the DAZ loader to activate windows 7. When I restart my computer and I select windows 7 everything works properly except for one thing. I have no internet connection. I have a ethernet cable plugged from my router to my computer. Now I can't find an internet connection because it says I have no adapters? I cannon run windows update because I have no internet? It makes no sense. I can basically do nothing for my internet and I need a fix. Would someone please help me?

Sincerely, Tristin

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

You need to load the Windows 7 drivers for your motherboard and your sound, video and LAN adapter.

Posted 1 year ago

LTolu12

And how do you do this? Perhaps a written walkthrough or video help? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

Download them from the computer/motherboard manufacturer's web site on the Windows 8 side, which I assume works, and install them on the Windows 7 side.

Posted 1 year ago

LTolu12

I am 15 years old haha. What I believe by what you just said I should go to my computer properties and loo at all of my basic things. And download the installers for them and move them into my windows 7 partition and run them from there? Perhaps could I post a picture of my computer properties and you could find what I need to download? Or is that too much work?

Posted 1 year ago

Ruja

We do not help with pirated software.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

No what I said is to go to the website of your computer manufacturer under support and downloads and find the drivers for your make and model.

Posted 1 year ago

LTolu12

Ohhh well I have a custom built computer.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse

With pirated software on it.

Posted 1 year ago

LTolu12

No not pirated software. Actual software :) Other then Windows 7. Windows 7 is pirated.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse

Well that's the end of this thread. We do not tolerate piracy here. (as Ruja already mentioned)

Posted 1 year ago

LTolu12

Really? Thats it? Thats kind of uncalled for don't you think?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

http://www.howtogeek.com/wiki/....._%26_Rules No we don't, read the forum rules.

Posted 1 year ago

LTolu12

Gosh, well alright. Thanks for the some of the help. Goodbye.

Sincerely, Tristin

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.