The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Data Recovery (Help needed)

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Freebird
  • Latest reply from CompWiz
  • Topic Viewed 375 times

Freebird

I have a Windows 7 computer, with 3 hard drives. I have lost all the data on my 1.5TB drive, which has all of my pictures, movies and music on it. Can someone tell me how to recover my data?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

If you could explain what "I have lost all the data..." means. What indication do you have? What is the condition of the drive? Have you tried to read it on another computer? Internal or external drive? More detail, please. If the drive is physically damages forensic methods are quite expensive.

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

One other question is what were you doing when you lost all data?
What is the error message if any you are getting or is your system just not recognizing the drive?

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Are recovery points enabled for that drive.

Posted 1 year ago

nrsanders09
nrsanders09

i am curious myself how to do data recovery. i have a few external hard drives that seem to not want to either start or what but the computer will not recognize them at all and they sit there and click. i tried doing the whole taking out of case and trying it that way to see if it would work but it still wouldnt come to life. any ideas or suggestions on what i could do to either get them to work or get the information off of them. i have a 2 western digital external jump drives and 1 seagate 1.5 TB external hard drive that needs a power source and they all do the same thing.

Posted 1 year ago

CompWiz
CompWiz

nrsanders09, you might want to start a new thread for your question for better assistance.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!