The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

[solved] Damn blue screen!

(7 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by koul7
  • Latest reply from koul7
  • Topic Viewed 2085 times

koul7

Apparently, the well known "blue screen" is a nightmare for the windows users! I installed Alchool 120%, and since then, it reaches at a certain point after logon, (about 15 seconds) and then it keeps showing the blue screen, and then restarting. A message says that there is an error in the C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini072707-11.dmp file. Also, it cannot boot in safe mode at all! What should i do..?
Thanks!

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

What OS are you running?

Typically I'd try booting to the last known good configuration, or trying to boot into safe mode if possible.

Posted 6 years ago

koul7

I'm running Windows Vista, and i tried the last known configuration. It has worked, at least until now! Apparently, the program did not installed properly, because it's not in the "installed programs" list at the control panel. When i try to run the uninstall wizard of it, a message appears saying "This function is only for the installed programs" which means that it hasn't been installed completelly. Should i manually delete its folder from the Program Files?

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I wouldn't delete the folder quite yet... what I would do is reboot and make sure it's actually working.

What you should really do is use system restore to go back to the point before you installed it... because otherwise there could be dlls sitting in the windows directory.

Posted 6 years ago

koul7

ok. I think it's working. How can i use the system restore wright before installing the program? I worked on some files today, that i don't want to lose.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

In Vista, right click the Start menu, in Search type 'restore'. Click on 'Backup and Restore Center' then 'Create a restore point' in the upper left of the screen. Simply check the disk(s) you want to create a restore point for and voila !

or

Control Panel>Backup & restore Center.....

Posted 6 years ago

koul7

Thanks mate! It's allright now

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!