The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Dailymotion blocking DL, any clues?

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by happysurfer
  • Latest reply from StringJunky
  • Topic Viewed 823 times

happysurfer

For a long time it was possible to download from Dailymotion using Firefox ADD-ONS like FVD and "Flash & Video downloader, but now it looks like Dailymotion may have started sending false triggers to prevent downloading. You end up with a bunch of very small files that do not play, instead of a normal .flv copy of what was playing. Has anyone else encountered this and what did you do to solve it? Please don't tell me to use Adobe or some video downloader with spam hooks in it. Would love to hear from somebody who can answer this for real.

Posted 1 year ago

oldgeezer

Yes, I've just tried it using Replay Media Catcher, which used to work & that has been blocked as well. Looks like they are fed up with people taking stuff from their site. The only program I could get to work is Replay Video Capture which just captures whichever window you drag it over, so not as good as being able to download the original.

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky

They are just trying to respect people's copyright. From Dailymotion TOS:

RESPECT COPYRIGHT AND PERSONALITY OR LIKENESS RIGHTS:

All works whatsoever (articles, books, songs, movies ... and videos!) can only be reproduced with the permission of its creator, the author: this is the base of copyright. A work belongs to its author or rights owner, and he or she alone can consent to any reuse or reproduction. Likewise, individuals have a right to control images of their own likeness, and you cannot film people and distribute the video without their consent.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.