The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Customize Toolbar Win7

(14 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by valleyman7
  • Latest reply from valleyman7
  • Topic Viewed 4175 times

valleyman7

Is there a way to customize the tool bar in windows 7. I would like the options to add the delete, cut and paste, and the undo icon. I have look but had no luck finding a way to do it.

Posted 4 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

I don't understand what you want? Toolbar? Which one, you can have more than one.

Irv S.

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x
germ-x

Are you referring to your context menu? The one that opens when you right click on a file / folder?

Posted 4 years ago

mountainman

If you are talking about the bar on the top of your screen, Right click a blank part of the bar. Click customize

Posted 4 years ago

valleyman7

I am referring to this tool bar in any window opened in win7 If you open computer when you see the toolbar under File, Edit, View, Tool,a and Help. Just below that you will see items like organize, system properties and so on I would like to add delete, cut and paste and undo. the same way we could do in XP. I wish I could attach a screen capture but I don't see any place to do that. It would show exactly what I am referring to. TIA

Posted 4 years ago

mountainman

Is this what you are talking about

Posted 4 years ago

valleyman7

Sorry but that looks like a browser window. I am referring to the OS tool bar. Just open computer. In XP it was called my computer. I wish there was an option to ad a capture it would be much easier. Sorry to be such a PITA.

Lyle Hensley
Enjoying Every Breath
Retired US Army
1957 - 1978
http://webpages.charter.net/golddigr/

Posted 4 years ago

valleyman7

Maybe this will explain the tool bar I am talking about. On the other side of New Folder I would like to add delete, cut and pate and undo or anything else I want. Some tool bars in win7 have an option to burn. I hope this will explain what it is I would like to be able to do. Merry Christmas and thanks for your help.

Posted 4 years ago

valleyman7

P.S. Disregard the RED arrow.

Posted 4 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

I think I see what you mean. Under the 'normal' toolbar, depending on what you open is yet another set of options or I guess could be called a toolbar.

You'll see different choices on that line when you open different items. For instance, open Explorer, Computer, and Network. All different options on the bar.

I suspect this is either done programatically or via a registry setting? I searched the Registry for the names of some items and none that I found were even close to any list. Well, not entirely true, search for Organize and you can file the top part of that sub-list, but names only, not what they link too.

Irv S.

Posted 4 years ago

valleyman7

Well if someone figures a way to do please let me know.

Posted 4 years ago

valleyman7

Maybe this fix for vista might work.

Posted 4 years ago

valleyman7

valleyman7

No No don't even try using the tabbed-explorer for vista on win7. I will really mess things up. I thought it would work and I was wrong.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!