The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Custom Shortcuts in Outlook 2010

(3 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by wickedcupofjoe
  • Latest reply from majorbacon
  • Topic Viewed 20653 times

wickedcupofjoe

Hi! I very recently upgraded to Outlook 2010. I'm loving it thus far, but one "issue" I'm having is driving me batty. In '07 I was able to customize the toolbar, adding (for example) Mark All As Read to it. I was able to then customize that further and leave it as an icon/symbol only and create a keyboard shortcut for it by inserting "&" in front of the letter I wanted to use (I used alt-k). I can't figure out how to do that in 2010. I am able to add a shortcut to the toolbar, but I can't find how to then create the keyboard shortcuts, and my fingers are always itching to do an alt-k.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much,
Erin

Posted 3 years ago

wwwandy

Seems this issue was brought up since 11/2009. Oh well, Msft back @ messing up productivity & work flow, eh? http://social.technet.microsof.....c0ccfffab6

Posted 3 years ago

majorbacon

Outlook 2010 has a new feature called "Quick Steps" located in the midde of the home tab. You can create and assign a keyboard shortcut to a quickstep!

To configure or change existing Quick Steps, do the following:

1.In Mail, on the Home tab, in the Quick Steps group, click the More arrow at the side of the Quick Steps box, and then click Manage Quick Steps.

2.In the Quick Step box, click the Quick Step that you want to change, and then click Modify
3.Under Actions, change or add the actions that you want this Quick Step to do.
4.If you want, in the Shortcut key box, click a keyboard shortcut you would like to assign to that Quick Step.
5.If you want to change the icon for a Quick Step, click an icon next to the Name box, click an icon, and then click OK.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!