The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

creative product registration keeps popping up and I can't get rid of it

(7 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Changa
  • Latest reply from baldeguy56
  • Topic Viewed 8173 times

Changa

Creative product registration box keeps popping up even though I uninstalled the damn thing. Its driving me nuts. Everything I try I can't get rid of it. PLEASE HELP. I'm going mad.

Posted 6 years ago

misdaroc

did you check your "start-up" items in msconfig...Mcafee did the same the too me until i deleted the Mcafee registration wizard in the start items.i was already registered.

Posted 6 years ago

Changa

No help there. Anyone else. PLEASE!

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

You can try using Autoruns.
It will list items in many start up locations.
Just be careful with disabling the entries as some are required for Windows and other software to work correctly.

Posted 6 years ago

RandomExplosives

I just barely figured this out so here's what I did:

Open Task Manger (Ctrl+alt+delete)

Go to the processes tab

You need to find 2 processes that will be running
-"inetreg.exe" which will be under the description of "product registration"
-the second one I can't remember its name but it started with a "ct" or "cr" and was under the description of "registration"

Right Click on the "ct"/"cr" under "registration" and click on end process

Then do the same thing with "inetreg.exe"

That's it, you're done!

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue

this topic is over a year old, but thanks for the input, what happens when you restart? surely the processes are back.

Posted 4 years ago

baldeguy56

That's right MB with using Task Manager. It shuts them down, but doesn't stop them from starting again upon reboot. The place to go take out those determined Startup apps is System Configuration using http://www.lafn.org/webconnect.....NINDEX.HTM as a guide so one will not accidently shutdown a needed Windows process. I belive all versions of Windows will scold you when you make changes like that with a prompt after rebooting, but at the bottom of the prompt there's a place to tick "Don't ask me this again" or something to that nature. If not ticked Windows (use to in XP) will check most of all the other unchecked functions plus the ones you just unchecked and change your Startup back to Normal instead of Custom. A good place to get aquainted with, especially for slower machines and or pesky apps that want to be in Startup...Garry

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.