How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Creating PDF from Website

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by onlyongabonga
  • Latest reply from LadyFitzgerald
  • Topic Viewed 385 times

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

Please find the link below. Once I open the link I setup show column items to 100 and trying to create PDF using Simpo PDF creator software by Ctrl+P option and selecting simpo creatoer as a printer. It creates PDF but not getting everthing on that PDF. Only starting few items getting into the pdf. Is there any other way or a better solution to get all the displayed items on that link comes in the in the PDF format.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/bea.....ge=hybrid#!fn=sortBy%3DORIGINAL%26productsPerPage%3D100&!qvp=iqvp

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

You can try doPDF: http://www.dopdf.com/ - works for me.

Posted 1 year ago

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

Is dopdf is different than simpo PDF creator. I mean is it helpful to solve the specific problem. I look at the website of dopdf it seems like the same thing like simpo PDF creator.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

It is a different program with different capabilities. Easiest is to try it and find out whether it does satisfy your specific needs. I can't tell you from here.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Expensive but Adobe Acrobat (the full program, not the Reader) usually does a good job. However, being totally anal, I copy and paste web content into a Word doc so I can clean up the formatting, etc., then use Adobe to create the PDF.

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

I've tried it with PDFCreator but not all that is on the page get's displayed.

Does it have to be pdf? Otherwise you might consider a screenshot that covers the whole page.
Faststone Capture supports 'scrolling screen' which takes a screenshot even of the parts of the window that aren't visible. The old version 5.3 is still free.

Another option is to save the page as mht file. In IE that comes standard, in Firefox you'll need a plugin like Mozilla Archive Format.

Edit: just thought of something due to LadyFitzgerald's remark. If you have Word perhaps you could copy the content of the page in Word and then save as pdf (I've never done this, but might be worth a try ;D)

Posted 1 year ago

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

Well I tried Dopdf.com but it did same thing.

Posted 1 year ago

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

Let me sarah james and LAdy fritz options and will get back to you

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Most, if not all, virtual printers used to create PDFs, such as PDFCreator, won't carry over links to websites, etc., which is why I use Adobe for those. For an online receipt, for example, I usually just hit the print option usually provided, then use PDFCreator to make the PDF (faster than Adobe).

Unless you absolutely need PDFs (and there many reasons, such as tamper proofing or to obtain cross platform compatiblity), I don't see why you can't just copy and paste into Word (or another word processor) and keep it as a Word doc. Even when I do convert Word docs to PDFs, I usually keep the original Word doc so I can make changes in the future if need be.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!