(Solved) - Creating a formula in a new spreadsheet

(4 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by lill66
  • Latest reply from moreeg
  • Topic Viewed 655 times

lill66

Hi,

I need HELP......

I am new at formulas' in Excel 2010 and need HELP in creating one. I have created a new spreadsheet to keep track of new, ongoing and old jobs for a Civil & Structural Engineer company. I need 4 columns to work together. In column B1 I have set up a formula to pick up the date from the computer, in column A12 is "DATE IN" (of new job), in column B12 is "DATE DUE", in column C12 is " DAYS REMAINING" and the last one thats needed is column J12 is "JOB STATUS" (Complete, Pending, Cancelled).

What I need is the date in, date due, days remaining and todays date to calculate to let me know if this job in the column is due or overdue by how many days, then when I enter Completed or Cancelled in the Job status column that the days remaining column stops calculating the days and puts something like letters, word or a "-" Line in that column.

I hope there is someone that can HELP.....
Thank you

Posted 2 years ago

moreeg
moreeg

What about this for C12 (Days Remaining)

=IF(OR(J12="Cancelled",J12="Complete"),"-",B12-TODAY())

where B12-TODAY() will calculate the days remaining (you don't really need computer date in B1 for this purpose)

Let us know if this works for you. If not, a screen shot of what you have would help us help you

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

lill66

Hi Moreeg,

Thank you very much.... That is perfect and works great..... There is no way I would have worked that out myself....

Thank you again

Posted 2 years ago

moreeg
moreeg

Hi Linda

Glad I could help. Come back anytime with any question.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.