How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Create Folder

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by cestmoi312
  • Latest reply from cestmoi312
  • Topic Viewed 316 times

cestmoi312

Greetings All,
I have to type up a number of single page documents in Word, (Microsoft Office 2010), and then email them to a recipient.
Presently, I would type the document, save it, then email it as a single attachment.
But with all the documents I have to type, this would be a laborious process.
What I would like to do is type each document and save it to a single folder, then email just the folder with all the documents inside.
If this is possible, please tell me how to do it.
I appreciate any feedback, and thank you.

Posted 2 years ago

RRRoman

I don't think that you can send a folder, but you can send an archive. So what you could do is to compress the folder into a .zip or .rar archive and then send the whole thing.

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

Highlight all the files you want, right click and select Send to... Then select Compressed (zipped) folder.

Posted 2 years ago

vistual

can also merge them into a single pdf and send it that way. or if the end result is still too big to attach to an email, either merge them all into a pdf or stick all the documents into a folder and use dropbox to get a public link to them where the person can go and download them.

i just did this same exact thing yesterday. i scanned a bunch of documents and printed them to pdf format. encrypted them to make sure the right person had access to them. uploaded them to my dropbox and sent the links where they can either view or d'l them.

i use pdfredirect ....
http://www.exp-systems.com/pdf.....F_Help.htm

edit:
remember the above about the pdf format need not apply. you can drop all the word files into a folder and get public links to each individual file if you want OR just get one link to the folder. its up to you.

Posted 2 years ago

cestmoi312

Thank you all for your solutions.
I think I've got it now.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.