The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

CreataCard 3

(6 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by catlover612
  • Latest reply from catlover612
  • Topic Viewed 1524 times

catlover612

I just got a new computer--Dell Windows XP. I have an older version of American Greetings CreataCard 3 Plus, which installed and works fine on my new computer, but my purchased addons aren't there.
On the old computer I had them set to run from the hard drive, but before I quit using the old computer -also a Dell Windows XP-I changed the add on packs to run from the CD (Variety Pack) rather than the hard drive, so I could use them on my new computer.
But unfortunately the bought packs don't show up on the new computer-even tho I switched to the cd- it is greyed out where the add ons were and it says no add ons.
Of course there is no longer help from the distributor.
Is there any way to get back and use the upgrades? I still have access to my old computer which will switch the add ons from hard drive to cd.
I hope I wasn't too confusing.

Posted 5 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

How did you get the addons on your old computer? Via the CD or online download?

Posted 5 years ago

catlover612

thank you for the response. I had to call them and get a code to put the add ons on my hard drive. They are there no longer to call or for support.

Posted 5 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

So you needed to type the code in to the software to install the add-ons from the CD? If so have you tried putting in a code you got before?

Posted 5 years ago

catlover612

yes-I did try the old code that I used before. There is a new code number there now. Tried putting in the unlock key for the old code anyway, and nothing will type in the box. I don't think it would have worked anyway tho because the code is a different number.

Posted 5 years ago

catlover612

I saw on another site to go to my old computer and copy the vp.cc1 file from the windows folder and put it in the new computer.
I did that and it worked--somewhat. Only one of the packs unlocked, so I guess I will just have to write off the others.
I will still use and love this card program, there just won't be as much to love.
I also saw on the other site that there used to be a crack code to restore the purchased add on packs. Would be nice to have that.
Kind of sad that this company sells these products then doesn't offer support afterwards.
Thank you for trying to help.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!