The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Tutorials

corel Paintshop Pro

(4 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by blwentworth
  • Latest reply from SarahJames
  • Topic Viewed 1216 times

blwentworth

Hi... Just wondering if anyone has a link to tutorials on how to use Corel.. I know Photoshop is best.... but too expensive right now.
thanks..
brenda

Posted 3 years ago

SarahJames

Photoshop best? Nahhhhh PSP is far more fun :)
This forum is a good starting point. They have links to all kinds of goodies and tutorials.
I used to have lots of links, but that was a long time ago.
Googling a bit will get you quite some and if you need anything specific, just ask. I might just know where to find it / how to do it ;)

Posted 3 years ago

nt0xik8ed

not to highjack the thread, but sarah, i just bought photoshop and adobe premier elements 9 (i think its 9) for $90. is that a decent price? i've never used either one before so i'm sure i'll be using paint.net until the end of time

Posted 3 years ago

SarahJames

Don't know about the price - I get teachers discount :)
But I think Elements is far more restricted than the possibilities PSP offers and the full CS suite (which I got on disc and don't even install because it takes up just as much space as all my other apps together ...) has more options than the creative regular user will ever use - more suitable to designers and so on.
So far I haven't found anything I wanted to do that I couldn't do in PSP and I've been using it since like forever (started with version 4 LOL).
I do however have PhotoImpact next to it.
All the things you can do in PI you can also do in PSP, but PI is incredibly easy for slick 3D buttons and the like and it had an inbuild HDR function before PSP had that (which it now has too LOL). Though there are better ways to get the HDR effect ;)
(by manually manipulating the image in PSP)

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.