The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Copy/Paste issue for Word 2007

(9 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by wingedseraph7
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 5023 times

wingedseraph7

I updated recently to Microsoft Office 2007. Now when I try to copy/paste something from a document into say an AIM message box, when I hit enter it comes up blank as does everything else I type until I exit out and bring up the box again. Before I updated to 2007 from my 2004 program I didn't have this problem. Any suggestions or clue as to what is happening?

Thank you.

Posted 6 years ago

tmonkey2394

What kind of computer do you have? What like Operating System?

Posted 6 years ago

wingedseraph7

I have an HP laptop with Windows Vista.

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Can you copy/paste say from one Word document into another blank Word document or into a Notepad? In other words, is the problem only with the AIM message box?

Posted 6 years ago

wingedseraph7

Yes, I can. The only problem is with the message box.

Posted 6 years ago

wingedseraph7

No one knows?

Posted 6 years ago

The Geek

I believe the problem has nothing to do with word, and everything to do with AOL not accepting pasted rich text content in the message box.

What most people do is simply copy the content to notepad, and then copy it into whatever application is having problems. There are also some apps out there that will "clean" the clipboard content, and give you a separate hotkey to paste plain text... but it's simplest to just use notepad for that purpose.

Posted 6 years ago

wingedseraph7

Well damn. I'll have to do that but it's just frustrating when my older version of Word did it just fine. Oh well. Thank you!

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Then something must have changed with your AIM. Copy/paste is a pretty straight forward operation. When you copy, the highlighted content is being copied on the clipboard - and as you can see, that part works because you can paste it into a notepad. So it is the AIM message box that for some reason does not accept the content of the clipboard. I just tested it on my system and it worked perfectly well. Maybe you should reinstall AOL to make it work. We all know, AOL sometimes has it's quirks.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.