The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Copy Wireless Setting to USB

(6 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by HTPCBoy
  • Latest reply from villaverla
  • Topic Viewed 32562 times

HTPCBoy

I recently had to reset my wireless network and it caused the WEP key to change. I noticed a link that said (if you have setting saved to USB, insert the USB now) or something like that. My question is, where do these setting some from and how do I get them on the USB. I looked in the router interface and did not see anything. This would eliminate a lot of time with mis-typed keys as I get everyone else back on the network ...

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Let us know if this helps:
http://www.microsoft.com/techn.....g0604.mspx

Posted 6 years ago

HTPCBoy

Thanks - that's definitely what I want to do, but is there anything Vista specific? The setup seems a lot different ...

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

I believe these instructions are generic.

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

zouleous

If you have XP service pack 2 it will allow you to save wireless settings to a USB flash drive when you run the networking setup wizard.

Posted 6 years ago

villaverla

Can you copy the WEP to a USB device, or print them after it is set up? For some reason my computer didn't want to connect with my wireless network until I entered my network key, and of course I can't figure out where I initially wrote it down. I finally connected, but if this happens again, I should really have it!
I have two laptops connected, and I could get it off the other laptop, if I can figure out how to access it!

Thanks.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!