The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

copy images

(9 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by lesslaw2000
  • Latest reply from ScottW
  • Topic Viewed 2167 times

lesslaw2000

I know this has to be quite simple but danged if I can do it.
I simply want to copy and paste an image that is in my documents to an email but I can't get it to paste into the email. I got them from nonags and they went into pic and fax viewer. I have tried the print screen thing and that does not work. Maybe a Firefox add on will make it easier. I would think copy image would be self explanatory but I guess I am just not to smart cause I can't that to work either.

thanks
larry

Posted 5 years ago

gwintz

you might have to attach image it to your email through your files.

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Larry, what e-mail client are you using? See if there is an "import" function that will read the picture file and put it in the message.

Posted 5 years ago

lesslaw2000

My email is yahoo or g mail. I don't get it. II tried everything. Why can't I simply got to my pic or my doc. and copy the image and past in an email. I don't want to send as attachments which does work. I want to send 4 or 5 at a time. I get them in my email so I know I can send them. I feel foolish not being able to figure this out.

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Larry, I just tried it with my Yahoo and Gmail accounts. Using web-based mail clients, I can't figure out how to put the images in the message. This feature is called inline attachments, but I don't know how to make it work with these webmail clients.

I use Mozilla Thunderbird -- a local client -- for all of my e-mail. It has a lot more features than any webmail client that I have seen. It does inline image attachments easily.

Posted 5 years ago

JonMCC33
JonMCC33

It's not hard to get it to work...

http://email.about.com/cs/yaho.....040203.htm

Works for Gmail too. No need for Thunderbird when Windows includes Outlook Express (or Windows Mail for Vista) by default.

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

JonMCC33, those instructions from about.com are not working for me in Yahoo mail, not in Firefox or IE7. Not Ctrl-V or Paste will put an image inline while I'm composing with Rich Text enabled. From the help info at Yahoo, it doesn't sound like it's possible:
http://help.yahoo.com/tutorial.....pose4.html

"Although Yahoo! Mail often shows attached images and HTML files within the messages you receive, it doesn’t display the files you attach within a message while you’re composing it."

Posted 5 years ago

bohica

at JonMCC33 - BOHICA

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

It's not working for me in Gmail, either. I don't use the webmail interface, so maybe I'm missing something obvious. When I paste to a Gmail message with an image in the clipboard, I get a little broken document icon in the e-mail message. When the e-mail is sent, there is no image inline. I think I'll stick to using Thunderbird.

There is no *need* for Thunderbird, but I do like having choices and deciding which mail client is right for me. People who don't mind having all of their choices taken away should use an Apple Mac! (Heh heh, jk :)

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!