The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Copy a read only DVD disk

(8 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by edwardmc47
  • Latest reply from marks100
  • Topic Viewed 4941 times

edwardmc47

The problem I am having and need help with is. How to make copies of a read only DVD memorial disk from the wake/funeral of my mother. The funeral home does give you the first copy, as part of the funeral costs. Then they sell copies, but that is costly. The disk contains old pictures/photographs, printed documents, letters sent to her, etc. And has a music background. The disk does not play on the computer, but plays fine on DVD player. It has two folders on it one is audio the other is video. I have tried diskcopy, copy E drive, various copying programs, some being, DVD Fab, DVD shrink, Ashampoo Burning Studio. But all seemed to come up with a read error of one kind or another. And will not allow me to make a copy. I look forward to someone being able to give me some kind of answer that will allow me to copy the memorial disk. Any help I can get would be very much appreciated.

Posted 3 years ago

marks100
marks100

edwardmc47 hi, sorry to here about your loss, you can try dvdfab6 trial i think its for 30days but it should copy it ok. easy to use :)EDIT: if its been made write protected you may have a problem, try cloneing the disk.

Posted 3 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

I use winX Dvd ripper, it's never failed me yet. Unfortunately, the free version can't rip protected DVDs.

Still, it's a good purchase if you want to give it a shot.

Posted 3 years ago

Snicholls10

i would severly doubt a funeral home would include copy protection but if so you can use dvd decrypter to copy the full disc to the hdd and reburn to dvd and also use
DVD Fab Passkey
this will remove the protection for it

Posted 3 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

Might also be worth retrying DVD Shrink with DVD43 running in the background, it works against a lot of copy protection although not all.

Posted 3 years ago

marks100
marks100

kev, your dvd43 not working i keep getting oppps borken link try this one hope its ok mods... :) http://www.softpedia.com/get/C.....VD43.shtml ( download link under the red arrow !)

Posted 3 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

Works OK for me Mark. What error you getting?

Posted 3 years ago

marks100
marks100

here nice :)

great software mind :)

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!