The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

converting DMG filesto ISO on windows.

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by devilwmn
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 448 times

devilwmn

I am trying to follow your directions , but my version of windows doesn't look like yours. the directions given are to "right click" and hold down shift, and then select "open command window here" . not an option on my screen

Posted 1 year ago

scorpion99
scorpion99

which HTG link are you trying to apply?
this one?
http://www.howtogeek.com/10298.....n-windows/
Try to run "cmd" and do it manually.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

You need to hold down the shift key before right clicking.

Posted 1 year ago

devilwmn

yes. my downloads folder looks nothing like that. what I am trying to do is convert the already downloaded torrent of OSX that I extracted to my PC, so I can burn a disc and try to fix my mothers IMAC, which is frozen on the gray screen

Posted 1 year ago

devilwmn

I have an older (2004) PC from Best Buy, with windows XP on it. I managed to succesfully download via torch the copy of snow leopard, as my brother instructed (long distance from Calif), but am bogged down in details, he's off playing volleyball, and Mom is bitching at me.so are the directions for a differnet version of windows, or am I in the wrong zone?

Posted 1 year ago

devilwmn

when you say hold down shift "before" I right click, I can't even get that box to appear. I did try all different actions , clicking before, after and during. it doesn't give me that choice(open command window here), I don't even have a "library" listed in my downloads folder, and I had to use winRAR to find the file in the first place!I obviously am not on the same page as the instructions, so if the step by step doesn't get me ther, I am lost.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

I think the problem is that the Shift + Right click does not work in XP. At least it does not work in My XP.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!