How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Connecting PS3 Controller to PC problem

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by opaque
  • Latest reply from hatryst
  • Topic Viewed 464 times

opaque

Hey,

I am trying to connect my PS3 control to my PC (I am using windows 7, 32-bit). I am using XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX tutorial, but I can't seem to get the control to be recognised by the DS3 Tool program. Could someone please help me solve this problem?

Thanks,
Opaque :D

Edit by mod, link deleted. Causing browser crash

Posted 1 year ago

opaque

mod: I'm sorry you had trouble with that link. I think it was because the page I linked to was renamed just after I posted. :/

Anyway, if anyone wants to look it up, its on this website, and the page is titled "How to Use a PS3 Controller as a Joystick for Your Windows PC".

Posted 1 year ago

hatryst
hatryst

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....indows-pc/

What happens, any error?

Posted 1 year ago

opaque

What happens, is the screen showing the control configuration pops up as soon as the program is opened. The "Connected game controllers" drop-down menu just says "Waiting for controller to be connectted". When I plug my PS3 controller in (I've tried this with 2 PS3 controllers), nothing happens and I can't even get the bluetooth connection to work either.

Posted 1 year ago

hatryst
hatryst

Check out the comments on the tutorial post, here's one of them:

**READ IF YOURE HAVING DRIVER INSTALL ISSUES IN WIN7 64BIT**

I am running Windows 7 64-Bit and couldnt get the driver to install from within this program (both the signed versions 0.60001 and 0.6.0003 tested) no matter what I did. It would just give me an error in the driver install log. Tried every tip given in all the forums, etc.. nothing. Local mode does the same thing.

Then I tried updating the corresponding “USB Input Device” to my controller in device manager manually, and it works!

Basically I plugged my controller into a new usb port on my computer, and opened up device manager, going down to “Human Interface Devices”. Go down to the entries that say “USB Input Device” and right-click the first one on the list. Select “Properties” and then click the tab that says “Details” in the window that pops up. In the dropdown here scroll down the list and select “Install Date”. Take note of the time listed. Look through each “USB Input Device” entry and find the one with the closest date/time to when you plugged in your controller and installed it in a USB port. If it was a port you havent plugged it into before it will show the most recent date/time. This is your PS3 controller. (Note: you can also try and watch the device manager to see which “USB Input Device” pops up when you plug in your controller to find the correct entry if the other method doesnt work for some reason)

When you find the right one, right-click it and select “Update Driver Software” then choose “Browse My Computer”. Next click “Let me pick from a list..”, and then click the “Have Disk…” button. You will then be prompted for a location, point it to “C:\Program Files\MotioninJoy\ds3\drivers\MijXinput.inf” (if you installed in the default directory) and then Voila! you will see the motioninjoy driver listed and then click “OK” to install.

Now open up MotionInJoy and you will see your controller is automatically detected in the profiles tab when it pops up, and that the driver is listed as “Installed” for your device in the driver manager. All analogs are working and everything.

Hope this helps someone else as I was getting frustrated as hell trying to figure out WTF the problem was, but whatever the cause this is the only solution I know of after searching for hours for help & trying different things. Good Luck.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!