The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Connect Reg Xbox to PC

(10 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by SSDF
  • Latest reply from SSDF
  • Topic Viewed 1789 times

SSDF

Well I noticed that my PC has Component inputs for component devices such as a DVD player, or normal Xbox.
My question is can i connect Xbox to the PC and play it ?

I tried simply turning of teh computer plugging in the cords and turing it back on and also switching the output on the monitor menu, and tried also refering to the owners manual but there was no luck there either.

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW

That's a nice feature. Not many PCs have component video inputs! What kind is it?

Usually video inputs are part of a video capture device and you need to run a software capture application to view the input. Such a hardware and software combination can also record video inputs. Do you have any software like that?

Posted 5 years ago

SSDF

err, I'm not sure "what kind" of software that would be,

note: The computer is a HP pavilion Elite m9340f

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW

OK, product information here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfr.....ct=3740326

It says:"TV tuner card with FM tuner" and "Composite video in". Very nice!

Video software looks to be "Muvee autoProducer" and from Muvee's website, this software is now called Reveal. You should see if you are eligible to upgrade to Reveal. Look for a Muvee program group in Start -> All Programs and see what you do have. Reveal has an "instant full screen preview" which would be the way to see the Xbox on your PC.

Posted 5 years ago

SSDF

Thanks i'll try that

Posted 5 years ago

SSDF

ok well I'm downloading this now, but what am I supposed to do with it after.

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW

On second look, it appears Muvee is not the video capture software. I can't find the name of the software anywhere, though some owners have mentioned a "Tivo-like" PVR or DVR software. Look in the Start menu for anything like that. If there is nothing there and no manuals that talk about how to capture video, then I'm stumped. You might have to contact HP tech support.

Posted 5 years ago

SSDF

Ha I'm ahead of you I contacted HP support before i asked here.
I even tried multiple time and always got a different support but only 1 or 2 said that they thought It wouldn't work.

Others thought it should be possible for me to get it work by connecting through Windows media center if I could get it to recongize the Xbox.
But no one seemed really sure how to.

Posted 5 years ago

SSDF

I get so close to getting it to work but then it asks for a IR controller .
I'll add more details later whe n I come back

Posted 5 years ago

SSDF

OK well I actually got to to work.... Sort of, Its just so laggy there is no point.
All my experimenting for nothing :P

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.