The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Computer Desk

(5 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by thairtle
  • Latest reply from thairtle
  • Topic Viewed 1894 times

thairtle

I want to build a computer desk need it to be on the very cheap dont hav much money for this project and im thinkin my computer rig will eventually be a computer in a turtle shell case mod and 3 screens and like 3 car speakers that I'll hook up to my computer

???'s post em

help plz

Posted 3 years ago

LadyFitzgerald

Try hitting thrift or used furniture stores for something you can modify. Another possibility is to check out unfinished furniture stores and by individual pieces you can put together into a desk. My first desk when I was a kid my Daddy made by taking two unfinished pine two drawer nightstands and making a plywood top edged with molding to join the two together. He then finished them so they looked like one unit.

Posted 3 years ago

thairtle

thanx for the feedback i was thinkin building it from material not configuring it together of old desk or unfinished but sounds like a good possible idea anymore help will be well thanked also

Posted 3 years ago

LadyFitzgerald

Repurposing used or unfinished furniture can look like new with a little creativity. Even budget furniture from a discount store has possibilities. Added storage space could be made by building a hutch over the desk area (speakers can be put in the hutch to free up desktop space). Monitors can be mounted on a board running between uprights of a hutch, freeing up more desktop space. Various pieces of furniture can be joined together to make the desk, etc. A desk can be fitted into a corner to make the desktop space more accessable. A rectangular table could be used for the desktop. Even a large awuare tabletop could have a large chunk cut off the corner at a 45 degree angle to make a corner desktop. The idea is to cut construction time and costs by using as many ready made pieces as possible. As long as surface textures are similar, mismatched finishes and materials can be made to match with the clever use of paint or by covering with laminate.

Posted 3 years ago

thairtle

thanx ive thought about alot of it but some was very helpful

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!