Computer Build Suggestions

(8 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by MrMac
  • Latest reply from SSSammy
  • Topic Viewed 1124 times

MrMac
MrMac

Hey everyone,

I'm getting ready to purchase these parts to build a PC but I wanted to ask you all to make sure everything was compatible and half way decent.

4 GB RAM

500GB HDD

22X DVD burner

Rosewill case with PSU

The total came to be $317. Do you think that the GPU on the motherboard will run some games half way decently?

Thanks for any input/suggestions!

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

CPU/Motherboard combo LINK NO LONGER VALID.
Please repost components.

Posted 5 years ago

MrMac
MrMac

They JUST NOW took away the combo deal... That is so crap. I was about to purchase it too. I guess I'll hunt for another CPU/Motherboard and repost.

Posted 5 years ago

MrMac
MrMac

Alright I updated the post and now it's only down to about $317. I may be able to stick another 4GB of RAM in there, although that may be a little unnecessary.

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Suggest you read this Topic Thread before proceeding further with your Build.
http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=6

Posted 5 years ago

MrMac
MrMac

Thanks for that but I'm not interested in paying $800 for a processor. I see no point in purchasing a processor that just came out when in 6 months they will be down 50% of what they are now. That's just how technology is going to work now. Look up exponential growth to find out what I mean.

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

No problem.
Some builders are not aware of the change in Intel CPUs so just wanted to be sure all folks received the news.

Posted 5 years ago

SSSammy

the videocard is an old 3200 series, you might be able to play some games at low settings, most likely older games, or games using older game engines for example Left4dead, other than that, most new games might not even be able to run. If you want a decent build for cheap, try looking at this one, but it wont keep up with recent games for very long.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.