Compressed air system

(14 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Lighthouse
  • Latest reply from germ-x
  • Topic Viewed 1650 times

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

http://www.canlessair.com/Buy-.....-Hurricane
Please note it comes with a 110V charger.

From. http://www.technibble.com

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I checked this out a while back. Looks good but has received bad reviews here and indifferent reviews here. The chief complaints are noise (which I can deal with) and low air pressure (which I wouldn't be able to deal with). One review at Amazon pointed out that the directions cautions against leaving it plugged into the charger too long; I would find having to deal with that unacceptable.

There is an industrial model available at Amazon. The reviews are a bit better but the price tag is huge.

I've been eyeing this unit for a while (don't let the word Vac in the name fool you; it is a blower, not a vacuum). It looks far more promising than the O2 Hurricane despite the long umbilical (aka power) cord (one reviewer said 15'). It's less expensive and far more powerful (see the second video in the reviews; the guy was actually blowing a computer mouse around!). I still have three full cans of canned "air" knocking about the house so I have some time to decide if I can deal with an umbilical cord in the way. Also, I need to figure out where to put it (a can of gas can be kept out of the way in a drawer but this would have to be kept out somewhere already plugged in to be as convenient).

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Thanks for the feedback. The one you are thinking of buying is apparently good. We had a thread on it several years ago.
Couldn't get one here, so had to buy something else, but is very big, and has to be plugged in, like the one in your link.
A researchable one would be better.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Researchable or rechargeable? ;) I agree, rechargeable would be better but, then, it would be heavier or gutless (or both). The O2 Hurricane would be great if it had a bit more breeze and the charger was regulated so it could be kept plugged in on standby and not worry about leaving it hooked up too long.

I was just thinking (smell the smoke?); the blower I'm considering has rubber feet; mayhap I could just park it out of the way on top of the computer, then let the cord dangle behind?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Oops, rechargeable. The one you are looking at does not have to be plugged in all the time. (as far as I understood it, the motor is in the bottom section)

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

I have the one LadyFitzgerald linked to. I like it very much and it has already paid for itself. It has an extremely long cord so I can grab it and use it anywhere in my small office from a central location. The one LH mentions "can be charged over 500 times while the plug in one, of course, is endless. I do not find the cord to be a problem. Lots more attachments and uses. In this case I don't think rechargeable is better. Also the price is better.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....replies=13

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Until something reasonable turns up in the UK I am using similar to this, an airbed compressor with reduced tubing, works well but have to put up with the noise;

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Go green,
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres.....#38;itbs=1

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I love it! LOL! I love the woodwork (used to be a cabinet maker so i have a thing for wood).

For me, keeping one plugged in all the time would be far more convenient since my outlets are behind the desk and getting to them with my broken down old carcass is a royal pain... Doing so only once is highly desirable.

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

They all look great except what does one do with the dust that your blowing around unless you have a handivac ready to collect it.
I guess I'm from the old school, just open the garage door > stand O/S > clean the unit and let mother nature worry about the dust.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Has to be done outdoors (unless you live on the Enterprise)

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

My computers are clean. My office is extremely dusty.

But I also have one of these.

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

Yolu said "One of these".
I have a Very LARGE broom stick after me if I attempt to dust out a PC inside the house.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!