The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Completly Hide/Disable Taskbar with Hotkey Command

(4 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by bharatpatel89
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 11508 times

bharatpatel89

I want to achieve an empty desktop,this includes removing the taskbar, does anyone know any way to do this, I've seen registry tweaks, but I was hoping there might be a third party program that has a simple hot key, maybe something i can do with autohotkey or something along those lines. Basically I'd like to be able to hot key the taskbar showing up, and then hide it when not in use, when I used to use object dock there was a nice option and docket to control this, but ever since I moved on using luanchy I've been without it. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Posted 6 years ago

0zSpitt

i autohide mine. control panel> appearance and personalization> taskbar and start menu> check autohide> click ok. i keep mine totally clean, i've moved every thing to vista's start menu just so i can watch my dreamscene wallpaper i made from windows media player. i also keep the taskbar at the top just for no real reason, guess i like the drop down instead of the pop up (or what ever)

Posted 6 years ago

The Geek

You can definitely do this with autohotkey... basically assign a hotkey to the WinHide function, passing in the ID of the taskbar. You'll have to figure out how to get the ID of the taskbar, but if you search the autohotkey forum I'm sure somebody has already done this.

Posted 6 years ago

LH

An old thread, but maybe this will help someone else,
http://aviassin.wikidot.com/taskbareliminator

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.