The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Compatibility Mode for Argus Camera

(2 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by rjs4291
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 536 times

rjs4291

I have a Laptop With Microsoft Vista OS and Windows 9.

I have an Intel Digital Pocket PC Camera and the Installation disk for Windows 98. I tried to install the software using your suggestion to install the software with Vistas Compatibility Mode. That started to work, but got hung up at 16%. I think it was trying to install a Create and Share software that wasn’t compatible.

My Son gave me his old Argus DC 3500 Digital Camera and the User’s Operation Manual, Plus the Camera Driver disk and the PhotoSuite III SE disk. To be used with Microsoft XP OS. I want to install the above Argus Camera Disks, but unsure how to proceed.

You have been very helpful with the Intel Camera. I hope you can help me with Argus Camera.

Thanks in advance, Ralph Savarese

E-mail address: xxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

Edit: Please do not post email addresses on this message board. It can lead to lots of spam. Answers to your problem will appear here. -- GMod

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@rjs4291, Did you try to install the software that came with the camera? If you did and it worked great if not I think (my opinion only) it is not worth pursuing.

The camera is at least 10 yrs. old and cell phones now take better pictures than it would.

Edit: You can probably still use the camera without installing the software. Check the manual you got with it.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.