The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Compatibility issues of Avast! Antivirus with WIndows 7

(3 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Oasis
  • Latest reply from Oasis
  • Topic Viewed 1359 times

Oasis

I don't know if this is a compatibility problem but the Avast! Anitivirus on my Windows 7 RC gives a message(probably an error) in the action center that "avast! antivirus is on but is reporting its status to Windows Security Center in a format that is no longer supported. Use the program's automatic updating feature. or contact the program manufacturer for an updated version." Is this really a compatibility issue? I never touched the settings in the program so it can't be something I have done. I don't know if somehow it effects the security of the windows but it bugs me a lot by just looking at it. Any suggestions whether I should go on with this or find another Antivirus program or anybody knows how to fix it?

Posted 4 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Oasis, hello. According to this article on this website, Avast worked with Windows 7 beta.

Posted 4 years ago

Oasis

Yes I've read this article before but I've got Windows 7 RC not beta. RC version of Windows 7 isn't that different from the beta one or is it? Moreover i've got the latest updated version of Avast Antivirus so the possibility of having an older antivirus is ruled out. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem? Waiting for suggestions from you guyz..

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!