The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

(Solved) - Comodo Dragon install

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by nell
  • Latest reply from nell
  • Topic Viewed 583 times

nell

Reading on the forum this is a good browser, going to install, have the download, but a page comes up with 3 buttons and I am not sure which one to nominate,
1 I would like to use Comodo Secure DNS, (but then there is a lot of wordage making me unsure)
2 I would like to use Comodo Secure Server in Dragon only (this one has been nominated with a dot in the button, and
3I do not want to use Comodo secure DNS server.
So number 2 is the default one as shown

I am not sure which one to indicate, Using Windows XP, and my ISP is Virgin Media cable.

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar
gedstar

Option 3 would be best

Posted 1 year ago

nell

Thanks for that gedstar will do that.

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

Whys's that then Gedstar? If she chose the default she can disable it in Dragon settings if she wanted to. It can give faster and more reliable browsing....less DNS resolution issues...it does for me. It also filters known attack sites and blocks you from landing on them.

Tony

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar
gedstar

Good point Tony, but I was just suggesting the less confusing option for the OP, I have been browsing the Internet for many a year and have never had any need for DNS Secure. In the past 5 years I have never had any issues with Viruses or Malware or the likes on any of my PC's. That's mainly because I'm careful about where I go and what I do.
Common scene is something I installed in my brain years ago and it has kept me safe ever since!!

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

gedstar, good man, this known as good housekeeping!

Posted 1 year ago

nell

I value the above comments, and for me simplicity is key rather than speed of browsing. So far have not actually installed it, still have the programme running minimised at the bottom of the screen, have been busy since. Will take the plunge if not timed out by now. I only use Firefox but this is a good spare from what I have seen from luminaries of the forum.
Thanks to all.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!