The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Volume Keybind/toggle for specific application

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by cl0ckwork
  • Latest reply from cl0ckwork
  • Topic Viewed 407 times

cl0ckwork

Does anyone know of a way to toggle volume up or down (or to a preset setting) while in a game? I have found many programs that will toggle the master volume, but not a specific program. Windows even has the ability to toggle sound up or down by pressing the windows key and a keyboard button (WIN + X key combo).

In the game we play, the sound often becomes very loud when inside of a helicopter for example. I want to be able to toggle the sound down so that I can hear my mates on our voice chat program. Then, when we get out I would like to be able to hit another button and increase the volume. Alt+Tabbing out to mess with a mixer, or messing with in game audio levels is too much of a hassle and has gotten be killed several times!

Any takers?

Thanks!

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Usually there are volume controls in the Options window of most games. In any event how about a keyboard with volume controls? Most gamer keyboards have this capability.

Posted 1 year ago

cl0ckwork

I don't want to toggle the master volume, that would lower my in game voice communication through another application. Lowering the in game volume by controlling the master volume would also lower my teamspeak volume. This would make it even more difficult to hear what people are saying

I don't want to use in game controls because I need to be able to quickly change audio settings on the fly. Let me give you an example. Let's say I am driving up in a vehicle and I need to quickly get out to listen to see if there are footsteps I don't want to have to go to the options screen and find the audio settings, lower the settings and then exit out of the options screen. I want to be able to quickly do this on the fly.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!