The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

circle with line in the left corner

(20 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by kerry
  • Latest reply from mfletch
  • Topic Viewed 754 times

kerry

How do you fix the circle with a line thru it in the left hand corner and get the picture back. Not sure what I did to make it go away. Please help.

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

Need to explain better!

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I've been getting the same thing for some time now. Instead of a picture (or a YouTube box), I get a big blue box with a small blue circle with a diagonal line in it in the upper left hand corner of the blue box). Short of a picture, I can't see how it can be much clearer.

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

Yes, but what are you doing to get the circle with a diagonal line?

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Sigh! I get them right here on these forums (as well as elsewhere). Example: the first two posts in this thread.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@LF, Just came home from work and checked your example. Mine is working here. Is it only Youtube videos that are giving you and the OP the problem?

Edit: Just on the HTG site?

Posted 1 year ago

CompWiz
CompWiz

Working here too.

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

Your Flash plugin up to date and enabled in your browser settings?

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

@ warlock. No, it happens on other sites, too. When I know it's a YouTube video and i know what it's about, I can usually Google it to fine it on YouTube's website and I'm able to play it there. I've also been able to see them when someone provides a link. As far as I know, it's only videos but, since I can't see the stupid thing in the first place, it's often a wee bit difficult to know what the divil it is.

@ doctordeere. Yes. Besides, if that was the problem, I wouldn't think I would be able to view the videos elsewhere.

Posted 1 year ago

juanforall

Oh I know! I hate having to deal with my settings all the time!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: No self promotion or spam allowed. Please refrain or your access will be blocked.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Check your browser plugins, No Script/Ghostery there may be a setting there preventing the script.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Don't have No Scrit/Ghostery.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

When did this start?

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

A few months ago.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Can you post a pic of what you see.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@LF, Not like you to wait that long when something is not working as expected. GS. might be on to something. Also OP is having the same problem it seems.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I've reported this before but it went nowhere. This is from the post I linked earlier.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Certainly looks like either a plug in or a piece of script is being disabled from various sites.

What add-ons/plugins do you have and what browser are you using ?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Try running the browser in no-add-on mode. If it works then then you have an errant add-on causing the problem

Posted 1 year ago

mfletch
mfletch

Have you any add blockers installed

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!