The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Chrome's "omnibar" text

(5 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by pepcyg
  • Latest reply from StringJunky
  • Topic Viewed 623 times

pepcyg

I have a Windows 7 desktop and recently installed Chrome as my default browser (I also have IE 9 and Firefox installed). So far,I like Chrome - except for one thing. The 'omnibar' text is quite small and light (to my over 60 eyes) - is there any way to make it either a bit larger - or - use 'bold' text in it.
I do use the extensions to enlarge webpages text - but - they do not enlarge the 'omnibar' text that I type in.

You have always been a big help to me - and - I hope you can help me with this aggravation.

Posted 2 years ago

ronniesonora

pepcyg, I'm not sure but try using ctrl+

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

Right click the desk top. Select Personalize. Select Windows Color at the bottom. Click on Advanced appearance settings. Select Message Box. Set the font and size and color that you would like. Clicking on Bold might also help.

Posted 2 years ago

pepcyg

Thank you for replying - but - unfortunately neither of these suggestions corrected the problem. I guess it is either
a magnifying glass or Firefox (which does have an add-on to take care of this).

Posted 2 years ago

StringJunky

pepcyg

Just a suggestion; wouldn't it be easier to use the google page and then all you have to do is click CTRL and + (plus symbol)to make it bigger and - (minus symbol) to make it smaller?

Do you have the Home button (house button) showing which will take you to the google page once you've set it up? To show it go to the top right button (three bars) > Settings > Appearance > Check: Show Home Button > Click: Change > Click: Open This Page and type in the box www.google.com or www.google.co.uk as you prefer > Click OK. If you look above the Appearance box you will see a section called On Startup you can set Chrome to open with the google page by clicking on Open A Specific Page... and clicking Set Pages and putting the Google address there or you can click on Use Current Pages and it will save the pages you opened...make sure there no other pages opened you don't want it to save.

If you want to have the Google page when you click on the New Tab button (light grey button next to open page tab at the top) you can get this extension..just click Add To Chrome;

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/new-tab-redirect/icpgjfneehieebagbmdbhnlpiopdcmna

Click the three bar button again > Tools > Extensions > New Tab Redirect > Options > In the top input box put the Google address > Click Save.

Having done these three things you will have the Google page adjustable and more accessible. This is how mine is done and seems very flexible.

Tony

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.