The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Chording Mouse in Windows 7?

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by danwmd
  • Latest reply from afuhnk
  • Topic Viewed 487 times

danwmd

I have recently been upgraded to Windows 7 at work, where the Logitech MouseWorks software that drives my Logitech 5-button mouse no longer works, according to my IT staff. As a results, I can no longer "chord" with my mouse, where holding down multiple mouse buttons leads to specific actions, keystrokes, etc. Logitech confirms that they no longer sell a chording mouse.

Does anyone know of any Windows 7-compatible chording mice? I spend a lot of time with one hand on a dictating microphone and another on the mouse, so I'm loathe to move my hand from the mouse to the keyboard. (I'm lazy that way, I know.)

Thanks!

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Have you tried running it in XP SP1 mode?

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

To run XP SP1, right click program icon --> properties --> compatibility tab --> check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" --> choose XP SP1

XP SP3 might work if SP1 doesn't.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Oopsie! I meant XP SP3 (I'm really on a senioritis roll today; I accidentally hit the report button on your post; sorry!)

Posted 1 year ago

danwmd

Thanks, folks! I'll suggest that to my IT team, see how it flies, and report back.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

If that doesn't work maybe look into something like this.

http://www.handykey.com/

Posted 1 year ago

afuhnk
afuhnk

Back when I had Logitech products I used this instead of the default driver/software.
It allows for far more customization / freedom.

UberOptions

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!