The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Choosing Internet speed - Need help!

(8 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by SunBladeMagi
  • Latest reply from StringJunky
  • Topic Viewed 407 times

Xhi

I have 6Mbps and it suffices, although I do not do a lot of streaming that that I do do is good and clear. That speed would be the minimum that I would want. I think it would minimally meet your needs.

Posted 2 years ago

StringJunky

I would agree with Xhi, that gives you 3Mb/s each if you get the 6Mb/s package. Your husband's xbox use will likely impact on your browsing when he uses it but I'm sure you can work something out there. I average 3Mb/s and I can watch Youtube without waiting for it to buffer ahead.

Posted 2 years ago

whs

Those prices are too high. I would look for another carrier. And I agree, 6mbps is a good compromise. At ATT I pay about $36 for that and in Germany at Telecom the equivalent of $20.

Posted 2 years ago

mx023

im paying $50 for 3mbdown/1up DSL with no data limit. For min of 2 gamers in the family i definitely recommend the 6 MB.

Posted 2 years ago

warlock

I use the starter package from Comcast. No online gaming but, the wife does a lot of streaming videos. Rarely a buffer, if it does she calls me from the other room where her computer is and thinks something is wrong. I would go with the starter package if within your means.

Posted 2 years ago

jistupka

I think this one Performance Starter - 6mbps/1mbps - $49.95/mo, the truth is always somewhere in the middle

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky

I thought US internet would be cheap. Just worked out 49.95 is double what it is in the UK for an average package. The top BT package with 76Mb/s is cheaper than sunblademagi's at 41 dollars.

http://www.productsandservices.....d/packages

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.