The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

check your emails peeps

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by GuiltySpark
  • Latest reply from Drizzle
  • Topic Viewed 483 times

GuiltySpark

Had a few more emails from friends with yahoo accounts that contain spam so change your passwords folks

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle

Its an ongoing nightmare with Yahoo/BT...It slows down to a trickle then wham ,off it goes again.Grr!!

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse

What's an email ?

Posted 1 year ago

bubbatie1

i have 4 "failure notice's" seems that these ppl dont have a email account. has i been hacked gs? time to change password
Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<prettyjenniferogyj@yahoo>:
Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (prettyjenniferogyj@yahoo) [0] - mta1084.mail.gq1.yahoo.com [BODY]

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark

Looks like some Hotmail accounts have been hit too this time apparently from Microsoft (MSN search engine), this time goes to a dodgy French Fake CNN or MSN site.

DO NOT click any of the links, and if you do and try to exit out of them a box or two will appear asking if you really want to leave etc... DO NOT click the Yes / No options, just select the X to shut down either the box or the entire page.

Or who knows what could be happening to your system.

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle

Update on Yahoo
"compromised accounts need to sign out of Yahoo to disable the cookie, then
clear the cookies and change password. Changing password alone will not be
sufficient."
Also needless to say DO NOT open any links in unknown e. mails.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike

This morning, from a client with a yahoo account a redirect within the body of the text.
Advised client to change PW asap

But you need to do this more often in Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail, I change mine every 30 days in all accounts

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle

@Mike
but see my last post the password alone not enough....It will help, but they do need to sign out and clear cookies as well.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.