The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

Cheapest possible build for DayZ

(4 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Klinty
  • Latest reply from afuhnk
  • Topic Viewed 950 times

Klinty

I currently have a terrible laptop that won't run most games. I don't find this a problem usually as I've got more than enough consoles to fall back on.

However I really, really want to get into DayZ. Taking into account I've got a monitor, keyboard, mouse, OS and speakers already sitting around doing nothing, what is the absolute cheapest I could either build/pick up a PC good enough to run it with decent performance?

I literally only really want it for this game, but once I've got it I may be tempted to upgrade and get more into it.

I've tried looking around eBay etc for basic computers that I can put a graphics card into (something like a HD 6670 maybe?) but I have no idea what I'm looking for as a base, or whether the card would fit/be compatible?

Posted 2 years ago

afuhnk

Considering that DayZ is aweful and ugly at it's lowest settings and amazingly beautiful at it's highest, I'd suggest that you reconsider the "cheapest" factor.

Prices vary from where you get your hardware (retailers, specialized computer shops, online etc) and where you live.

Posted 2 years ago

ronniesonora

Maybe you can get an idea of where you want to go from these three builds http://newbcomputerbuild.com/n.....pc-builds/

Posted 2 years ago

afuhnk

Interresting link ronnie.
The 500$ build is decent.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.