The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Linux

Cheap Web Printer

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Rebelhed
  • Latest reply from LadyFitzgerald
  • Topic Viewed 671 times

Rebelhed

I don't understand why smartphones can't connect directly to a basic usb printer, it used to really gall me but now its academic.

I signed up for UbuntuOne, installed the app on my low end android smartphone, and set up my crontab to print and delete the contents of a folder synchonised with UbuntuOne.

Tricky to start with I suppose but not as tricky as navigating the route to the web printer shop and not as tricky as parting with hard-earned cash for a white elephant born out of conspiratorial marketers of unnecessary tech.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I just got a Samsung CLP-415NW color laser printer that is supposed to be able to connect to a smart phone (I haven't tried it with a smart phone since I don't have one). Despite claims that it is easy to connect to WiFi, it was a bear for me to get it working properly—Samsung's live chat was worthless—but once I got it set up, it worked great. 'Tisn't cheap, though.

Posted 1 year ago

Rebelhed

There is also a feature I have since discovered called Google Print, though I can't use it as chrome keeps crashing on my ubuntu box.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I missed the part about you using Ubuntu. You might find it hard to impossible to use the Samsung with it wirelessly. Sadly, Samsung's live chat tech help is a useless as feathers on a frog.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!