The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

changing upper to lower

(17 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by nottougly
  • Latest reply from pipo
  • Topic Viewed 1550 times

nottougly

I am using windows xp with microsoft works word processor version 8. Is there an easy way to change the upper case letters to lower case?
Thanks for the help.

Posted 6 years ago

pipo
pipo

i'm not that familiar with microsoft works, but doesn't the caps lock or the shift keys control the upper and lower case letters?

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

ummmm... why would you need to do this like did you type up something with caps lock on or something

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Oops I wasn't thinking that I had nothing to say

Posted 6 years ago

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

@Lighthouse, you forgot to caption:

Invizabl responz

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I had nothing to say...

Posted 6 years ago

Appletom
Appletom

A huge LOL to Pipo's reply - I caught it only after reading it the second time.

@nottougly - Does Works have a find and replace function? It would take 26 run-throughs to get them all, but that might be quicker than retyping.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

This also does letters as well as numbers
http://www.sdsoftware.org/default.asp?id=7077

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

@Lighthouse: That program just changes the file name. I think the original poster wants to change text in a Works 8 document.

Of which I have no idea how to do so in Works. I know you can easily do this Microsoft Word. There is a toolbar button to change the case of selected text.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Yes, I was not quite sure what the OP wanted to do. More feedback neeeded

Posted 6 years ago

nottougly

I created a document without looking at the screen and I had hit the caps lock key. I really don't want to re-type it. Half the document is in capital letters. There has to be an easy way to do it. Sometimes I copy and past into a works document that is all caps. I really hope there is an easy way to do it. Why is there a caps lock key anyway? And why put it on the keyboard where one always uses the tab and shift keys?
There has to be a solution to this problem.
Thanks for the input.

Posted 6 years ago

pipo
pipo

i'm sorry, i guess i didn't understand the question the first time. if you have another word processor that has the function that changes upper to lower, you can copy and paste it there to use the function, then copy it back to your original document.

note:
in PSPad, a text editor that i use, there's a function that changes cases. if downloading a text editor is not too bothersome compared to retyping, you can try that.

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

@nottougly, the answer is easy. Keyboards were made for secretaries and they look on the paper/screen when they type and would catch a locked caps key immediately. It's us 2 finger artists that have the problem.

Posted 6 years ago

Appletom
Appletom

notougly asks, "Why is there a caps lock key anyway? And why put it on the keyboard where one always uses the tab and shift keys?"

I also am a two fingered typist and never made friends with the Caps Lock key. My life was changed forever when I read this article by The Geek - http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....-xp-vista/

Posted 6 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

Great solution!!! Many thanks to Appletom and the Geek. That sure made my life easier!

Posted 6 years ago

nottougly

Thanks for all the input. I appreciate the help.

Posted 6 years ago

pipo
pipo

@nottougly
were you able to solve your problem?

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!