The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Changing display in Win 7 without turning computer off

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Sunny5
  • Latest reply from Sunny5
  • Topic Viewed 233 times

Sunny5

First off, I just discovered your site today, and love it!

I am in the process of switching from old Vista OS laptop to Win 7 Laptop. First, the change display settings are different in the control panel on 7. There is no slider to change monitor resolution, and less choices. But the real problem for me is now to change settings, my computer says it must shut down. In Vista, it just made the resolution change. Shutting down is very inconvenient, as I am always working with multiple open files.

Is there a way to change screen resolution without shutting down?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sunny5

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x

hi Sunny5, Just rt click on your desktop and there is an option for resolution. Move the slider where you want it then click on ok. You will be asked if you want to keep the new setting or revert back. You don't have to shutdown for the change to take place.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

I never have to shut down to change resolutions. Are you right clicking the desktop and selecting Screen Resolution? There under resolution you will find a slider. Set it and click apply. It should give you 15 seconds to like it or not, just as before.

Posted 1 year ago

Sunny5

Thanks folks! Appreciate the help. I have always just used control panel in the past, and it is different now. I will be recommending your forum to all my friends!

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.