The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

[solved] Change the way security center alerts me is grayed out

(4 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by thedudester
  • Latest reply from mysticgeek
  • Topic Viewed 24668 times

thedudester

I tried to follow your article about making the popups stop being annoying but when I go into the panel the checkbox for Change the way Security Center alerts me is grayed out, so I cant change the setting to disable it.

Why is it grayed out?

Posted 7 years ago

ribbit69er

you must have admen rights to disable or change stuff around. try log in under admen

Posted 7 years ago

mysticgeek

ribbit69er is correct on this. You need to be able to log in as administrator and have admin rights to change security settings.

If your sick of Security Center popping crap up at you... go to start >> Run and type in "services.msc" into the run line (no quotes). This will open up Services. Scroll down until you see "Security Center" right click on this process and disable it.

Posted 7 years ago

mysticgeek

ribbit69er is correct on this. You need to be able to log in as administrator and have admin rights to change security settings.

If your sick of Security Center popping crap up at you... go to start >> Run and type in "services.msc" into the run line (no quotes). This will open up Services. Scroll down until you see "Security Center" right click on this process and disable it.

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!