The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Tutorials

CCleaner Tutorial

(26 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by SarahJames
  • Latest reply from SarahJames
  • Topic Viewed 29918 times

rgmx4u

May I add some caution using CCleaner on Windows 7. Two months ago I downloaded CC and after running the application the windows explorer.exe (not IE explorer) failed to start displaying instead a msgBox which the following text "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." After downloading a fix and having re-established the explorer.exe programs assossiation I run CCleaner again, for I suspected it to be the cause of this problem, and without fail CCleaner did disable the explorer.exe programs assossiation on each occasion, assumedly cleaning out a valid registry entry.
A registry fix for this problem is available @:
http://www.winhelponline.com/b.....windows-7/

Posted 4 years ago

at0mic
at0mic

you should share your cookies with the rest of the class

Posted 3 years ago

Justmast
Justmast

Good Article. I am using CCleaner since last 1 year and is very satisfy. I have just use CCenhancer and it worked well. But two questions:
1. It say more than 500 applications, but I can see only a few, o I suppose only those applications which are installed on my PC, show up in that list. Am I right ?
2. Whats * at end of apps name?

Posted 3 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

@Justmast.
Suggestion. You will probably get some answers if you ask your questions in a new thread.
Good luck.....
Granny Kate

Posted 3 years ago

Justmast
Justmast

@ Drizzle: Thats not a new question, I think. Thats just a part of the discussion ongoing.
Thank You.

Posted 3 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Might be, but Kate is right. And this is meant as a tutorial so an ongoing discussion would clutter things. Therefore I will now close this thread and any more questions can be asked in a new topic ;)

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.