SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Ccleaner doesn't have flash listed under multimedia?

(15 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by purimcarnival
  • Latest reply from purimcarnival
  • Topic Viewed 1251 times

purimcarnival

I only use google chrome, and have removed IE from windows with the remove default windows tool in windows 7. Is that why flash does not show up in Ccleaner? is there a way to add it manually so it will delete flash cookies?

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Easy enough to delete,
http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....ost-135079

Posted 4 years ago

ian2
ian2

In Ccleaner go to options ,then include ,add folders ,then navigate to the folder that LH, linked to in the above post.
Add that folder .Then on the Cleaner tab,scroll down to the Advanced section and check the custom files and folders box.

Posted 4 years ago

purimcarnival

I dont have that folder that LH linked to. I did a search for all those files too.

Posted 4 years ago

ian2
ian2

Its a hidden folder you need to enable show hidden files and folders .
Control panel then select folder options. then the view tab ,and select the show hidden files option.

The default flash locations are here :
On Windows XP, the flash cookies are stored under C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Profile]\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\[Random Name]\[Web Site Path].
On Windows 7/Vista, the flash cookies are stored under C:\Users\[Your Profile]\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\[Random Name]\[Web Site Path]

Posted 4 years ago

purimcarnival

I added the folder from the location above and when i check the storage history in adobe flash player settings the web sites are still there.

Posted 4 years ago

purimcarnival

Ok so i just realized that you need to check add custom files under the windows tab. i ran ccleaner and checked adobe flash settings, it still showed items in the history.

i did notice that when i delete all sites in flash player settings like in http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....cy-online/ it also deletes info from C:\Users\[Your Profile]\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\[web site path].

Does ccleaner normally clean out those folders when it does have flash listed under the applications tab?

Posted 4 years ago

GKI610
GKI610

purimcarnival, did you install Ccleaner after a clean install of 7?

Posted 4 years ago

purimcarnival

yes. I had windows 7 before but then i reformatted and then installed Ccleaner.

Posted 4 years ago

ian2
ian2

You could just add this to your custom folders list .
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

Posted 4 years ago

ian2
ian2

Another option for you ,as you use Chrome is the click and clean extension,
Google extensions

Posted 4 years ago

purimcarnival

adding those two folders seems to work fine. does Ccleaner delete anything else from flash or does it just clean those two folders?

Posted 4 years ago

ian2
ian2

Those are the only two items CCleaner deletes and I think that is all that flash puts on the computer.

Posted 4 years ago

GKI610
GKI610

Not sure if my memory is faulty, but after a clean install of Win 7, then Ccleaner, it showed no Flash Player box under Multimedia. Then, a few days later, it does. I have IE8, & don't use Chrome. Did your 'Flash Player' selection disappear after you removed IE?

Posted 4 years ago

purimcarnival

I don't remember if it did or didn't have a flash selection before i removed IE. That is interesting maybe Ccleaner doesn't recognize flash without IE. I wonder if someone who uses Firefox and removed IE has a flash selection. it may just be a Chrome thing.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!