The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Ccleaner

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by tsmith777
  • Latest reply from tsmith777
  • Topic Viewed 421 times

tsmith777

GS, I attempted to update Ccleaner from you link in "News In Brief" today and MalwareBytes Blocked the link twice. I also ran Ccleaner as I usually do every day and did not get a notification o fan update available

Posted 1 year ago

ian2
ian2

Try this link instead
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

What version of CCleaner do you have? If it is all already 3.28 you do not need it. What link did you choose? There are several deceptive adds.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Oren, I have version 3.27.1900, the link was in News In Brief and the link was Ccleaner 3.28 available for download under Misc.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

I just used the link from ian2 from Filehippo and that worked and updated Ccleaner to 3.28, Just wanted GS to know his link would not work. Thanks ion2 and the rest of you

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

I do not see a link to it in that article other than to the portable. Not near my computer now so can't try things.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

I Just looked at it again and it is under Miscellaneous directly under "Exploit which gave admin rights gets fixed in Ubuntu 12.10" it is the fourth one down under Misc.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

@ tsmith777,

Thanks for the feedback, however that update is as Xhi says for the portable version. After running scans on both the zipped file and extracted files with MSE, SAS and MBAM, I have found no problems with it.

It could be that MBAM issued an FP due to the download location (although it shouldn't have).

But the link is fine, all checks out.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Okay, Thanks GS

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!