How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

Categorise the reference sites

(12 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by MacDonald
  • Latest reply from MacDonald
  • Topic Viewed 1510 times

MacDonald
MacDonald

The idea to list and share all the reference sites is very innovative and helpful. I request all the Moderators to prepare a database of these sites and categorise the reference sites listed in the forum. It will be very helpful for all the members. Sometimes it is really hectic to find a good site that can solve your your problems.
I know this is going to be a hectic task but I know you can do it.
BEST OF LUCK and please think over my suggestion.

Posted 5 years ago

LH
LH

MacDonald. Don't you think the moderators have enough to do ?
Things can be found with something called "Search".
I think, normally, members create their own system of databasing. Usually by bookmarking.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

I would have had the time before I started with the Alpaca farm :(

Posted 5 years ago

LH
LH

Oh, lordy, alpaca bail of cotton :)

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Oh, and that sweater you requested should arrive before next fall when the temps drop again. It's hard to get by with only one alpaca, (we call him 'Moose') but he's growing fast !

If any member has the time to create a database of potential mates for Moose, he'd be much obliged.

Posted 5 years ago

LH
LH

So I guess I'm stuck with the rabbit skins for a while :(

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Trading warmth for luxury I see. We have bunnies too but I just haven't found the time to wrangle them yet :|
Git a-long lil rabbit.

Posted 5 years ago

LH
LH

MacDonald. To be serious for a moment. Maybe you could do a Wiki on it ?

Posted 5 years ago

MacDonald
MacDonald

Ok, I got it. I know the moderators are busy persons. I meant if they have time then only they should do it. It was just a suggestion.

Posted 5 years ago

LH
LH

MacDonald. We do appreciate all suggestions. It's just that some are not feasible. For example, I would like to database everything on this forum, but no chance of that :(

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

How about McDonald helping us out and doing the data base. Put your money where your mouth is.

Posted 5 years ago

MacDonald
MacDonald

Sure, I would like to help. But I haven't done any such thing like preparing a database before. So if you can guide me I am willing to help.
If you seriously want this to be done I have an idea. We can prepare the tags in which the websites can be classified and post them as a sticky post. Users posting a website info can suggest the tag for his/her website. It will help us to classify the websites.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.