SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

card reader and usb for digital camera not working!

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by rockwell99
  • Latest reply from scorpion99
  • Topic Viewed 839 times

rockwell99

I am trying to import pictures from my fujifilm camera to my computer - its windows vista and to be fair isn't exactly new! Its second or third hand and I have very little computer experience that enables me to figure out this problem! I have been down a number of different avenues and followed advice online but to no avail. Basically when I plug my usb from camera to computer I expect autoplay to kick in but it doesn't. I have tried going through computer and seeing if I can click on the removable disks to start it but it says 'please insert a disk...' I then tried to put the card into the card reader but again no prompts to import the photo's. When clicking on removable disks its not doing anything - it goes to load but freezes until you remove the card when it will say 'please insert a disk...' I'm at a loss! I tried going through a program thaat was already set up and importing that way but the same thing happened - it froze until the card was removed. When the usb is plugged in it said no device found. I have even found advice to go through the registry (or something like that?) And followed instructions but my computer didn't even have the right files to open! Please help?! I want to fix it without having to get someone to look at it and cost a fortune! I have pictures of my newborn that I want to share with the world!! Many thanks Courtnay :) x

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

Have you tried it on a different computer. If it works there you have a computer problem. If it does not then you have a camera/disk problem.

Posted 1 year ago

whs

Try with Paint (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint). You have to first click on the little blue box top left.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

@WHS: I thought Camera in that sense meant an attached or built in webcam. If the camera drive is not visible then it shouldn't be in Paint either.

Posted 1 year ago

scorpion99

Can you show us a picture of your device manager after plugging in the usb from the camera?
are you sure that your camera memory card is not damaged and that your card reader is working fine ?

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.