The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Cant see windows 7

(3 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by ron101
  • Latest reply from Frazzled
  • Topic Viewed 1087 times

ron101

Ive reinstalled winxp on a dual boot machine but now i cant see windows 7 there IS only winxp ive tried MANAGE BOOTLOADER,WRITE MBR but it makes no difference??? should there be on the "manage bootloader page" anything in the "backup and restore bootloader settings" ive got "c:\boot\recovery.bcd"
ron

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW

ron101, hello. I assume that you are talking about using EasyBCD. The Manage Bootloader tab is not going to help you. Take a look at the Add/Remove Entries tab. Do you see and XP and Windows 7 there?

Please grab the output of the View Settings tab in Detailed (Debug Mode) and post it here.

Posted 5 years ago

Frazzled

Thanks, Scott! I was going through the various topics, and came across this one. I recently purchases my first laptop, a refurbished Dell Latitude D800. It came with a lot of stuff I wasn't interested in, and in the process of removing programs, lost Internet Explorer. Tried to install Version 8, but could never get it to launch. Took your suggestion, and sure enough, there was Windows 7 hiding. Now it is back up, and updated to Windows 8. Hope I like the new version. Thanks again for the info.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.