How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Cant logon to second account

(5 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by satansoldier
  • Latest reply from satansoldier
  • Topic Viewed 688 times

satansoldier
satansoldier

I've been letting my sister use my computer while we wait for the parts to fix hers. Suddenly when she logs on it says "Welcome" then "Logging Off" then there is a blank screen for about 2 seconds and then back to the welcome screen. She cant remember exactly what she did last time she was on it, but swears she didn't change any settings. It only happens on her account, I can log in and out just fine. Shes a limited user and I have admin. Anyone know what to do?

Posted 4 years ago

Sabie

This could be the user profile issue. try to login to SAFE mode and check whether the issue persists.

Posted 4 years ago

aldistuck

The limited user profile may be infected by some type of malware.
Your admin user profile not being infected suggests that the problem may lie in HKEY_CURRENT_USER part of the registry. It's possible that something was installed and or then removed manually or by an antivirus/malware app and now there is a registry key looking for something it can't find. Scan your entire hard drive for virus's and malware.

Get a registry cleaner to clean out orphan keys. Delete the limited user profile and create a new one.

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

satansoldier,
---
Since you are the Administrator, save her "stuff" somewhere, delete her account and profile.
Create a new account / profile for her and put her "stuff" back in.
---
Regards,
Rick P.

Accepted Answer · Posted 4 years ago

satansoldier
satansoldier

@raphoenix
I figured that may be what I'd have to do, just thought I'd see if anyone had a better Idea.
Thanks all.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!