The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Can't install in the C:/Users Directory

(3 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by badluck
  • Latest reply from badluck
  • Topic Viewed 1365 times

badluck

I just put on vista and whenever i tried to install a game it whouldn't install files in the C:/Users directory, also when i downloaded stuff and they were saved in the C:/Users/Username/Downloads directory i couldn't open them, but after i installed Get Right and the same files were saved in the C:/Downloads dir they worked normaly. I always install stuff with the admin account and the games were original.

P.S. I searched in many other forums and sites but noone seems to have the same problem.

Posted 6 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

Did you try to install in the root of the C:\users directory, or inside your own home directory?

You shouldn't install anything into C:\users, it should be in C:\users\username\

You might want to check the file permissions on the files... that's pretty much what the issue is.

Posted 6 years ago

badluck

i install the game at the c:/program files/warcraft3 folder but it automaticly installs some files at the c:/users/username/ folder the error says: " Setup was unable to create the following directory C\users\....
Error 0x0000007B.....
(C\temp20606lockit\Installer\Source\DiscUndo.cpp:471)

Operation Aborted"

as for the file permissions i tried doing this: Right click on Users Folder and properties then Security and from there to permit Everyone to Open and Write in this folder but it denies and i did all this as admin. if thats not what u mean then plz explain. Thanks

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!