How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

can't click my desktop icons

(12 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by buckmaster435
  • Latest reply from buckmaster435
  • Topic Viewed 15393 times

buckmaster435
buckmaster435

some one messed with my computer and changed some settings around so that now i cannot click on any icons. how do i change it back>?

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Can you see the icons?

Posted 6 years ago

buckmaster435
buckmaster435

yes i can see them, I figured out what i have to do, but i don't know how to do it. I have to un-hide the icons. how do i do that?

Posted 6 years ago

buckmaster435
buckmaster435

ok, now i can't see them at all. what the hell do i do? this is getting really frustrating.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I'm confused. If you can see the icons then they're not hidden. Do they have names?

Posted 6 years ago

buckmaster435
buckmaster435

no, i could see them. then i went and changed my deskop wallpaper, and now i can't see them. yes they have names

Posted 6 years ago

buckmaster435
buckmaster435

i fixed it

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Please can you tell us how

Posted 6 years ago

buckmaster435
buckmaster435

This is what I did. I went into desktop properties, changed my background.(that is when i couldn't see my desktop icons anymore) then i right clicked the desktop and clicked arrange desktop Icons. then i went down and clicked show Icons. that fixed it.

Posted 6 years ago

badmojomn

I was playing a card game on my laptop with vista basic, and my entire icon display on my destop disappeared. I have tried a few things, not sure what to do. HOw do I restore them? I did go into the personalization tab, they were all checked. I can still access my programs from the start button, but this is really strange, any help, please let me know asap! Thanks Jen

Posted 6 years ago

badmojomn

Got it, I just played around and clicked showed icons! Duh, I thought this was some sort of virus or something, LMAO! How simple, thanks for the help buckmaster435!

Posted 6 years ago

buckmaster435
buckmaster435

No problem.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.