The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Can't Change Screen Resolution In Windows 7

(5 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Sniffy
  • Latest reply from Sniffy
  • Topic Viewed 27774 times

Sniffy

I Have A Dell Dimension 3000 i Installed Windows 7 With No Problems Exept I Could'nt Cange the Screen Resolution. it Was on 800x600 and The Tab or Button Was Not Allowing Me To Change It. Anyone Else Have This Problem or Is it That 7 Won't Work On My 2005 PC? Any Help On This Problem Would Be Helpful

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

mine didn't work until i clicked on "updates" a few times then it installed my driver for the screen. it failed to install twice, though

Posted 5 years ago

Krish

yeah , since Windows 7 is new , all the previous drivers won't work so the beta version came out so that hardware manufacturers can create drivers , for right now windows seven as just basic genuine driver. you should wait until the hardware manufacturers develop drivers.

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Mine worked perfectly well. I can adjust it to anything I want - even full screen (22 inch). And I am running W7 in a virtual partition. My Graphics is a Nvidea 6150 SE 430.

Posted 5 years ago

Sniffy

Thanks 4 Your input Guys Downloaded Video Driver via Microsoft updates abut to No avail I'll Wait For Windows 7 Oficial Realese Maybe Then It Will Work

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!