The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

Can't boot Mac OS X 10.5 CD

(6 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by xUAEx
  • Latest reply from xUAEx
  • Topic Viewed 4160 times

xUAEx

Hi, it appears that I can't boot my OS X 10.5 CD, despite holding C, Options key, and sometimes both; nothing happen, it just takes me to the log-in screen!
note that I have windows installed on the same machine.

plz help me

Hasan

Posted 4 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

I take it this is on a Macintosh Computer? OSX requires particular hardware and BIOS.

Posted 4 years ago

xUAEx

Of course it is a Macintosh, and it's already working on Mac OS X, but I want to format it.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

xUAEx. OSX can also be run on a PC, which is why ProstheticHead asked.

Posted 4 years ago

ross

xUAEx - when you say you already have Windows installed on the same machine - do you mean via BootCamp? When you hold down the option key, does it give you the choice to boot into OS X or Windows, or does it go straight into one of the two OS's (ie. holding down the Option key literally does NOTHING)?

If it does give you the option of booting into Windows or OS X, I'm going out on a limb and guessing the disc is scratched badly or the CD/DVD drive has some issues (have you tried using an external portable USB/Firewire drive?). If when holding down the Option key as the Mac boots NOTHING HAPPENS, and you go directly into one of the OS's (again, I'm assuming you setup your Mac with OS X installed first, and then Windows installed via BootCamp) - I seriously don't know what to tell you.

Posted 4 years ago

xUAEx

ross - Yes I'm using Boot camp, when I turn the machine on it takes me straight to the boot menu (If u want a picture just tell me).

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!